- Saving Money In The Sales
- Pleasurable Specifics About Kiwi Fruit
- Find A Brand New Favourite Pair Of Jeans
- Actuel Selection And Bankruptcy Motivated By Fiscal Element
- How Is To Write Resume Correctly?
- What Tends To Make Ugg Boots Stick Out?
- search executive jobs
- Designer Sale: Exactly Where Dreams Come Accurate
- Why Opt For Bookkeeping Corporations?
- management jobs
24 Hr Cash
- SMA Explained: 15 Keywords You Should Know - SMA News Today
- How SEO can create budget efficiencies in paid search campaigns - Search Engine Land
- BRANDING KEYWORDS: the optimal marketing tool - PR Newswire (press release)
- Video: Rankings, Reviews, Keywords — E-Commerce Advice for Food & Beverage - BevNET.com
- A Content Marketer's Guide to Keyword Strategy - Business 2 Community
- LSI Keywords for SEO: What You Need to Know - MarketingProfs.com (subscription)
- Long Tail Keywords Vs. Branded Keywords - Business 2 Community
- Craft your keywords to yield better search results - Central Valley Business Journal
- YouTube SEO: How to find the best traffic-generating keywords - Search Engine Land
- Keywords: CEOs Must Grasp Tech Like Never Before -- WSJ - Fox Business
Tag Archives: crafts
Are you interested in doing your bit to help salvage the planet? I mean, are you willing to pay a little bit more for something that has been manufactured in a way that is less polluting to the environment and the planet? Do you support organizations that sell items manufactured in far off lands in traditional ways that are ecologically friendly?
These are the minimum actions that people in the West ought to be prepared to take in order to support those who are attempting to reduce our impact on the environment and distribute some of the West’s wealth to the poorest peoples of the world.
There are lots of organizations which say they do this. There are almost certainly also a few that say they do, but do not. An online check should weed these rogues out.
One of the simplest methods to help reduce your impact on the planet and help poor peoples living in isolated places abroad is to take more care where you buy your fabric from. Nowadays the only fabric that people buy in large quantities is clothes and bedding, so you should try to buy materials that are natural, not man-manufactured, which requires the use of a lot more chemicals.
Up until fifty years ago, the vast majority of women knew how to sew. All the women that I knew as a child sewed and knitted and manufactured some of the clothes for me and my four brothers. When I was eight or nine, I and every other child in my class was taught the fundamentals of knitting and before I went off to college, my mother taught me how to take up my jeans, sew on patches and repair my clothes.
Unfortunately, sewing, knitting and repairing clothes has largely died out in the United Kingdom. I now live in Thailand and I do not see much evidence of sewing or knitting here, so I assume that these arts are dying out all over the world among the masses, although I am sure that there are individuals everywhere who still knit and sew.
It is a crying shame. If you are going to make your own clothes or furnishings like cushions, pillows or soft toys, it is quite essential that you select the correct cloth for the job. Using the wrong cloth will make your task more difficult and might even render your work pointless. So here are a few suggestions on choosing the correct fabric for the job in hand.